Self-Help & Pro Se

If the Bureau and other community resources (found here) are unable to assist you at this time, or should you wish to represent yourself in your case, the following information about pro se representation may be helpful.

For additional information relating to self-help and pro se cases, please contact us at 617-495-4408. We will be happy to discuss your pro se case and provide additional advice.

Mass Legal Help

For basic information about Massachusetts legal rights and pro se forms organized by topic for most major practice areas including benefits, consumer, disability, domestic violence, special education, elder, housing, and immigration.

Massachusetts Lawyers Diary (Red Book)

For telephone numbers for Massachusetts courts.

Mass Legal Services

For out-of-town cases, general legal services providers for all of Massachusetts with city name search and interactive map.

Directory of Legal Aid and Defenders Offices (Blue Book)

For out-of-state service providers.

Harvard Legal Aid Bureau Pro Se Divorce Clinic